Setting up commonly used messages as templates in touchSMS, will save you time and can help in avoiding typing errors. Here’s how it’s done;
- Navigate to Send SMS > Templates
- To create a new template, click Create Template
- Name your template
- Use the From dropdown to select the Sender ID to be associated each time you send this template.
- Type the content of your SMS in the Message area.
- When you have completed composing your template, click Save.
To allow recipients to reply select from Shared Local Number, Verified Number, or Virtual Number options.
To send a 1-way message that does not allow recipients to reply, select from approved Alphanumeric Sender IDs.
NOTE: If you choose an Alphanumeric Sender ID to send marketing/promotion messages, recipients cannot reply to automatically Opt-Out, therefore you must use a different Opt-Out method.
NOTE: If a merge field is used in a message, and the recipients are not saved contacts in touchSMS, the merge field will simply be skipped in the message.