Browse our FAQ's for info on getting started
Why can’t I log into my account?
Here are some suggestions as to why you might be experiencing difficulty logging into your touchSMS account:
– Ensure that you’re using the correct username and password, and that the caps lock is turned off.
– Clear your browser history and cache and try logging in again.
– Try using a different internet browser.
– Try resetting your password using the forgotten password link.
Please note – If you haven’t correctly verified your mobile number and email address you cannot access your account until you do so. If you are unsure you will need to contact our support team to get access to your account.
If submitting a ticket to our support team, please provide details such as:
– The touchSMS username you’re trying to log in with.
– The issue you’re experiencing.
What format do my mobile numbers need to be in?
To ensure successful delivery, your contacts mobile numbers should be written in the correct international format.
To change mobile numbers from the domestic format to the correct international format, simply remove the first ‘0’ or ‘+’ of the mobile number and replace it with the relevant international code (e.g. 61 for Australia and 64 for New Zealand). Incorrect formatting may result in undelivered messages or a message being sent to an incorrect handset. Below are some country specific examples:
– Country Code: 61
– Number: 9 digits long, excluding the leading ‘0’.
– Example domestic number: 0443123123
– Example International number: 61443123123
– Country Code: 64
– Number: 6-8 digits long, excluding the leading ‘0’.
– Example domestic number: 0222123123
– Example International number: 64222123123
– Country Code: 44
– Number: 10 digits long, excluding the leading ‘0’.
– Example domestic number: 077812312312
– Example International number: 4477812312312
Sign up for a trial account with touchSMS
Sign up for a trial account with touchSMS with no obligation or hidden costs. You will receive 10 trial credits once your account has been verified and you will have 14 days to use them. Once you trial is over to continue sending you can purchase credits. There are no set-up or monthly cost you simply pay for what you intend to use.
To register for a trial account click here
Be sure to enter a valid mobile number and email address in order to verify your account.
I didn’t get an SMS verification code – what should I do?
When you sign-up for a touchSMS account, we will send you an SMS verification code that you are required to enter during the signup process. If you haven’t received an SMS verification code, please see the steps below to resolve this issue.
Have you entered the incorrect mobile number?
If you have accidentally enter your number incorrect you will need to contact touchSMS support directly with your username (email) and correct mobile number – click here
I have enter my mobile number correctly
1. Check that you mobile phone is within reception range and switched on.
The SMS verification code will be sent to the mobile phone number that you provide on sign-up, please try turning it on and off and ensure that it has reception and is switched on.
If your issue is still not resolved and you are yet to receive your SMS verification code, our friendly support team will be happy to resolve this for you as quickly as possible. When contacting our support team, please provide details such as:
– Account username (email used to sign-up)
– The correct mobile number you wish to have associated with your account.
I am new to this! Can a human assist me?
Of course, you can request one on one assistance anytime. Simply ask on Livechat, submit a support ticket or call on +612 9518 7455 to get in touch with us.
Does touchSMS support international messaging?
Yes, touchSMS supports international messaging. When sending an SMS internationally you need to ensure that your contacts are in their correct international format and using the correct Country Prefix/dialing codes.
For more information on international sending routes or international pricing – please contact the touchSMS Support Team
Can we use our ‘company name’ as a sender ID?
Yes, these custom Sender ID’s are refered to a Alphanumeric or Alpha Sender ID’s.
Use a Custom Sender ID (Replies OFF)
A Custom (or Alphanumeric) Sender ID is usually a branded or meaningful word. For example, you can send an SMS message from touchSMS. Noting that due to telco protocols an Alpha Sender ID can only be 11 characters long and cannot contain any spaces or symbols, so you sometimes need to get creative with abbreviating longer names.
The most important thing to understand about a Custom Sender ID, is that recipient CANNOT reply to the message. We generally only recommend considering a Custom Sender ID for things like reminders and alerts where you do not need to worry about receiving opt-outs or replies.
- Branded experience for users
- Users cannot reply to the message in any way as it is not a number.
- If your message is commercial or marketing in nature, you must still provide a valid opt-out method, which will chew up a lot of characters in your message, and possibly a lot of extra admin in manually opting recipients out of your list.
If you would like to use a custom Sender ID for commercial messaging, login into your touchSMS account click on Settings > Allowed Senders IDs
For more information read article Understanding Sender ID Options