Virtual Number Settings
A Virtual Number (also known as a dedicated number) is essentially a mobile number which can be acquired exclusively for you. A Virtual Number solution allows you to send and receive SMS from the same number, every time. They are an essential component of any 2 Way messaging campaign. Virtual Numbers allow you to set up simple automatic replies for recipients that text in and or more sophisticated replies to specific keywords.
To set up your purchased Virtual Number:
1. Navigate to Virtual Numbers
2. Click on the Virtual Number hyperlink.
3. Under Virtual Number Name, give the number a name.
Tip: Naming the number is mandatory – this will help you with reporting later on.
4. If you would like to receive a notification email when reply messages are received to this Virtual Number, enter a forwarding email address under Push Email Address or URL.
Tip: Messages sent to your Virtual Number will always appear in your Web Inbox.
The system also allows for responses to be transmitted to a nominated URL/third party – contact us for more details.
5. When a recipient replies to a message sent via your Virtual Number, you have the option to enable Auto Reply. This will automatically send a message (one you have preset) to the person who has sent a message to your Virtual Number.
Tip: Auto Reply is NOT mandatory but is a great way to let the person who text in to your number, know that you have received their message. Perfect for order, appointment or campaign submissions
6. With Auto Reply enabled, set up your auto response message:
Select a Sender ID and compose your Message.
7. Once you have made your changes, click Save.
8. You will receive a notification that your changed have been saved on the next screen.